Tuesday, July 24, 2007

2 Weeks Old and Growing Like A Weed

I can't believe it has already been two weeks! Time has just flown since little Taylor arrived. Every day I look at him he seems a little bigger, and it makes me sad because each day goes by too quickly. But we love how he is getting more alert and making some fun faces. At his last doctor appointment last Thursday, he had passed his birth weight, so I'm sure by now he is up in the 8 lb range.

We also had more visitors this week, which was fun. My older sister, Sarah, was in town with her fiance Mark. Taylor had fun getting to know his auntie and uncle for the first time. Though a little late, we made it to church this Sunday. Taylor just ate and slept, so he did very well. Some friends from high school also made it over for a visit. I've enjoyed the company in the evenings because Jason has had to work nights (3-11:30pm) the last two weeks.
What else can I say. Taylor is such a joy, and Jason and I can't get enough of him. He is so fun to cuddle with, and he gets at least 100 kisses a day. Jason loves reading to him, and Taylor just soaks it all up. We feel so blessed to have him in our lives and are loving every moment of parenthood so far, even the lack of sleep. :) Here's a few more pictures of our little angel in his own words.
"Um, I have a question. When is it time to eat again?"
"I love my fingers"
"Is this how you hold a cell phone?"

"This vibrating chair is so relaxing"

"Tummy time is so fun!"
"Mom and dad's bed is so comfortable!"


"Keep bouncing, dad. I'm just about to fall asleep"
"Nice to meet you, auntie Sarah and uncle Mark!"

"Grandpa, will you make sure my binky doesn't fall out?"
"I love my mommy's kisses!"


"...and I have a poppy diaper, and I'm hungry, and I'm tired..."