Friday, July 6, 2007

Still waiting

Well, Taylor decided not to have a fourth of July birthday. He's still just hanging out like he has no place to go. I, on the other hand, am trying anything and everything to make him come sooner rather than later. Its not that I'm terribly uncomfortable or anything. But the clock is now ticking on my 6 week maternity leave, and I want the most time with him that I can before I have to return to work. That and I'm in my little sister's wedding on August 4th, and I have to be able to fit in my bridesmaid dress (which is not going to get any bigger). At this point I'm not opposed to being induced.

But since he didn't come, we were able to get out and enjoy some of the festivities on the 4th. Jason worked that morning, and I slept in late and got a pedicure. Then after bumming around the house for a bit, we ventured over to some friend's from church who live on Lake Sammamish. We enjoyed some BBQ, watched all the kids jump in the bounce house and swim in the lake, and then once the sun went down, headed out on the boat and watched the fireworks right over our heads. The weather was the best Seattle had seen on the fourth of July in many, many years. High 80's, not a cloud in the sky, and a nice light breezy to keep things cool. It was a perfect day. Though I rather would have been at the hospital. :)